Saturday, October 11, 2008

Fruits of our labor


You've gotta love the iphone. It's very convenient when you have to search for directions or check email when you have no other email access. But yesterday morning while Dean and I were out, it became a bit of a burden. He checked my email and found a message about fruit for sale. A fruit stand in Payson was having a buy one get one free sale. When Dean sees anything like this he jumps right on it....you know, more to add to our food storage. We bought 3 boxes of peaches and two different varieties of apples. I don't think he realized the work involved in canning because at 8:30 last night he laid down on the couch and said, "You know I'm not a night person". We ended up canning 14 quart jars of peaches last night and 14 this morning......Dean says it's a 28 day supply. We'll use the apples for a very yummy recipe that I have for apple pie filling. I don't think I'll start that until tomorrow. Until then.....peach cobbler anyone?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes please! :) Sounds exhausting, but yummy!

Debbie said...

Hey, I just found you! Can't wait to read all about you and your family!

Janice said...

You go Amie, you just a domestic diva. Or is that Molly Mormon. LOL
Keep up the good work.